Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another kitty in the window box, and butterflies

Must be a great place to take a nap... if you don't mind your feet sticking out like that! Kiki doesn't seem to mind.

The secret life of butterflies

I haven't the faintest idea what kind of butterfly this caterpillar will turn into - but doesn't he look interesting? Although those bristles on his back make me think of a toothbrush...

In other news - I am frantically trying to get organized for our vacation! We are going to Tuscany/Italy and will be camping for a few days, driving down in our VW bus. Going to our favorite beach, where I will spend much of my time collecting pebbles, and rare finds of sea shells and beach glass.
We will be leaving on Sunday.

Another butterfly shot

Just had to share this photo! This is a rare shot with the body, the antenna and the tongue of the butterfly in focus (well, almost) and the wings are just a blur of movement.

11 comments:

Silke Powers said...

You take the most beautiful pictures, Renate! That last shot is just amazing!! Have fun on your vacation - it sounds heavenly! I'll miss your lovely posts, but I am sure we'll get some of your fantastic photos when you get back! Hugs, Silke

Doreen said...

Beautiful photos, Renate! Kiki looks so relaxed. We don't have caterpillars like that around here. He look kind of scary...like a little dragon. Have a great vacation! I hope you post pictures of your "finds".

Judy said...

What a sweet little nest your kitty has....she is so cute!

Your trip sounds just WONDERFUL!! OMG, how I would love to do that. Someday I want to visit Italy. Have a great time.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh the cat is too cute!! The caterapillar is amazing - am clueless too!! Your photos are divine!!!
Have fun in Tuscany..I am green!!!
Sarah

The Joy of Nesting said...

Renate,

The butterfly is just amazing!!

Have a wonderful vacation!! Find tons of beach treasures take tons of pictures, but most of all make tons of beautiful memories!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

mermaiden said...

that is no butterfly- tis yet another one of your garden fairies, caught trying to glamour you :D

Sherry said...

That kitty looks awfully cozy!!! And the close up of the caterpillar is amazing...but then I see the butterfly and I think Julie is right -- that's a fairie!!!

Have a lovely vacation...I will think of you soaking up the Tuscan sun!!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi...just found your blog!!! love the pic of the kitty!!!! those kitties sure have napping down to a science. have a great trip to tuscany. it is wonderful there!

sharon said...

Beatiful photos Renate!! Have a terrific vacation...sounds like it will be fantastic!

Cindy said...

Your kitty in the flower box is so cute. I'm so excited for you! Going to Italy! My brother was stationed there and I visited him..back in 2001. It's been so long. But I'd really rather get back to Germany....where you live seems like a great vacation site too!
Have fun, can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Diane said...

Kiki is a real cutie!