Monday, April 27, 2009

Flea market recap

Loving that early morning sunshine:

Captain

Kiki

Socks

And yesterday, I was at the flea market. Since the weather was predicted to be lovely, there were many, many sellers there. This particular flea market takes place once a month and attracts sellers from far and near. I love to listen to the conversations at the flea market, watch people, besides seeing all the wonderful treasures. I rummaged through box after box of odds and ends, scraps of vintage lace and tatting, jewellery pieces, this and that (I saw a beautiful old wooden spoon!!), bits and pieces. And everywhere I asked the price of something, I heard: oh you have picked the most beautiful and expensive piece ... oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, this is my booty:



And take a look at this! This is a vintage sample board from a whole sale supplier of jewellery components, long out of business. Man, do I wish I could order some of these filigree pieces!! So fascinating!



So, this expedition was definitely a success! It isn't always that way.

8 comments:

Doreen said...

Wowsers! You picked up some pretty interesting pieces there! My little town in California is having a street faire this coming Saturday. They have lots of antique and vintage stuff to rummage through. Seeing your treasures inspires me to go rummaging! I love the cat pictures! I am such a cat purrson (get it PURR-son??). They look like they could all be related.

SummersStudio said...

What a successful flea market trip. Oh how I wish I could have been there. I love rummaging! Your kitties look so sweet.

Rosanne said...

You did find some great treasures!
I love going through fleas markets and antique shops. You never know what you're gonna find.

sharon said...

I am soooo jealous Renate!! I've been telling my daughter for week's that I'm going to the flea market, but I don't think they have such treasures as you scored!!
You better make some good stuff! I know you will!!

stregata said...

Thanks for your encouragement, everyone! I'd love to take you all with me when I go flea marketing. How fun would that be?

Doreen - I am also a cat purrson! And they are related, brother and sisters. They were 4 in the litter, Caro Mio is no longer with us. The three here have just turned 4 years old. Casanova is their father. Yet to be shown is Cleo, their mother.

lilylovekin said...

Love your flea market finds, especially the sample board-what a treasure!

Sherry said...

What wonderful finds!!! I can't wait to see what you do with everything!

And would you look at those cats? People sometimes use the expression about having "a dog's life". I think I'd like to have a cat's life!!! :)

Deryn Mentock said...

Oh, good stuff!