Thursday, February 19, 2009

Winter strikes back and more work in progress

This is what I woke up to the day before yesterday! We ended up with about 6 inches of new snow and then the temperatures dropped down to minus 15°C. I could hear my flower pots breaking in the severe frost. Yesterday morning my car doors were frozen shut. Don’t I just love winter?


These are some sneak previews of something I have been working on this week. Almost finished! I really like the colour of the jade beads, such a soft green. All the brass links are my own doing.

I have several other projects in various stages of, dare I say, completion? Better perhaps, work in progress. So many ideas; so many techniques I need to try for myself. And I am loving it!!!

2 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Renate, lovely. The jade that is pale like that is my favourite. I really like what you are doing with the links.

Weather, well it's 70 F (about 18 C) so I'll just soak up a little warmth for you today.

Best, LeAnn

Sherry said...

I know the feeling about winter Renate...I'm "done" with it -- we had more snow here yesterday and a bit today...and the cold temps!! It's disheartening, but I keep telling myself, spring is coming...I know it is!! :)

Love the jade and the brass work...the winter isn't stopping you from being creative!!